KDPM

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hero of the month!



The mark of a true professional is giving more than you get-Said Robert Kirby (1948 British born musical arranger) This past week was rather challenging to me in several ways. First I felt betrayed by people that I have always loved, trusted and respected. Then I got this terrible toothache that seemed to grow each hour. To make the matters worse, I went to a dentist close to the school that I attend only to be charged a huge amount of money just for “consultation” then he gave me an appointment to go for treatment with another huge amount of cash. Am talking of at least one thousand bucks! Of course I could not afford the amount that he needed in order to treat me.

A friend of mine from Kenya saw the pain that I was in and decided to take me to another dentist in Cedar Springs, Grand Rapids,MI. He is a Christian and the love of Christ just exudes from his face and words. He did not give me an appointment. He worked on my teeth immediately and restored my smile. Dr.Jerry did not tell me many stories to “convince” me on how good he is. He just did his work. On top of that, he understood that I am just a student from Africa. Talk of having people who are humane. Now I agree with Andrew Carnegie, (1835-1919, American Industrialist, Philanthropist) who said, "As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do." Be it in the Christian circles or outside. Just watch what they do!

He and his assistant, are my hero and heroine of the month!